Of all of Senator Chuck Thomsen’s accomplishments, the most important is that he has delivered on everything he originally campaigned for. His consistency in fiscal and policy decision-making has been a breath of fresh air.
Chuck has always had two major goals: Balance Oregon’s budget without raising taxes, and promote economic growth through a better job economy. His voting record in the Senate reflects that.
The Following are bills sponsored by Senator Thomsen:
- HB 4068: Gave Oregon Food Bank more options to put food on tables using "recatch" from commercial fishers.
- HB 1591: Saved the Government Camp Rest Area, improved quality of 16 others
- SB 960: Promotes economic growth by allowing agri-tourism businesses on exclusive farm use land.
- SB 301: Reduced tax burden on small and family-owned businesses that invest in expanding their enterprises.
- SB 219: Targets unnecessary "feasibility studies" that cities and counties are forced to pay.
- SB 213: Reduces consumer cost of gasoline.
- SB 212: Creates better, job-friendly revisions to Environmental Quality Commission.
- SB 96: Allows certain employers exemption from unnecessary regulations.
- SB 220: Streamlines job-creating infrastructure development process.
- SB 121: Removes restrictions hampering hydroelectric power.
- SB 276: Adds transparency to Rest Area Bill, putting Travel Information Council under yearly review.
- SB 430: Creates deduction for charitable farmers.
- SB 331: Improves money distribution to parks.
- HB 2352: A fun bill, partnering the aptly-named town of Boring with Dull, Ireland.